Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Johnny Depp...a vampire?

Okay, so my daughter pointed out to me that Depp was to portray a vampire in an upcoming movie. When I started researching, I found out that a deal has been made for him to star in a movie version of the classic Dark Shadows.

Of course, after watching so many of his movies, like Sweeny Todd, I realized that he definitely had a dark side. As it turns out, Depp is a vampire junkie on some level...or at least where Dark Shadows is concerned. In Variety, I found that "Depp has said in interviews that he has always been obsessed with 'Dark Shadows' and had, as a child, wanted to be Barnabas Collins, the vampire patriarch of the series."

Well, welcome to my list of favorite actors, Depp. The character Jack Sparrow is one of my favorites, but somehow knowing that we share an interest in Dark Shadows makes me like the actor even more. Here's to hoping that the vampire role is NOT shown as a dorky fanged freak. I have no doubt that Depp could pull it off, but I'm not sure about the rest of the movie crew. Either way, I'll be first in line to see this movie when it hits the theater! And, somehow I see a new vampire character in one of my books who looks similar to Johnny Depp in the near future.

0 comments: